Monday, October 18, 2010

BEAUTY REGIMEN

Grooming is no longer considered girly routine and nowadays beauty products aren't for women only. More men are being conscious about their appearance specially how they look and I can totally relate on them. Just like them I am very conscious about my looks or just call me "maarte." Before I am not very particular nor very fond of using facial products since I don't have problems on my face. I rarely get pimples so no need for astringents, a simple soap will do to keep my face clean. But as we matured, our skin becomes prone to facial problems like getting wrinkles and pores becomes lose. Our surroundings is very much polluted so just imagine how our face becomes dirty.

The last time I use facial products was when I'm still in high school where in I have pimples all over my face probably a part of being a puberty, to get rid of my pimples I used Master facial cleanser (the liquid one) hoping that my pimples will disappear but I guess it just triggers them so I stopped. I just tried using bath soap to clean my face and luckily it worked. So from then, I used soap to remove dirt on my face and I used it as my facial cleanser. But when I started reading magazines and watching lifestyle programs I found out that using bath soap as facial cleanser will make your skin dry, but I don't mind since I have oily face so I continued using.

When I started working, I was exposed to pollution and smoke on my environment and I just thought that using soap is not enough to clean my face and of course I don't want to have wrinkles at an early age. Since I'm no longer prone to pimples thankfully, I shifted to using facial wash (Master facial wash) which I think kinda effective and since then I've been using it for long.

But now, I became more maarte and very conscious about my looks, not only that I've changed my taste and preference in terms of using grooming products. Since I'm in the Middle East where in the climate is too hot during the summer and too cold during the winter months, skin gets very dry. Facial wash is not enough so this time I use facial scrub to remove dirt and excess oil, deep cleansing facial wash to keep the skin smooth and a moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated and to tighten pores as well. Now I have my own beauty routine everyday to keep me good looking hehehe and besides since I'm in the service industry, I meet different people everyday mostly foreigners and I can't afford to look sloppy. 

With this beauty practice that I have, still I can't call myself metrosexual, I think I'm just vain or in local term "maarte" hahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment