Friday, October 21, 2011

THE START OF SOMETHING NEW

After some grueling weeks of job hunting here in UAE, finally I made it! It was a tough start for me and it was not easy. I had several applications and been to various interviews and I can say that it was quite challenging for me to find a job with a limited time only.
I left Qatar after one year and two months and decided to go to UAE specially Dubai to look for work instead of going back to the Philippines. Searching for overseas work in the Philippines is much harder and I experienced it before and I don't wanna experience it again. I arrived here holding a tourist visa and it is valid for thirty days only but extendable for another thirty days. With that time span I must have a job or else I will go back to the Philippines which I don't want to happen.

I arrived in Dubai with high hopes of finding a job quickly. The next day I started browsing jobs on line and started sending my resumes. I didn't wasted any single time and I used all of my resources. It was harder than I thought, yes there are a lot of job openings here but the problem is sometimes they don't match my qualifications. There were only few companies that matches my qualifications. The other problem is they offer low package specially if you don't have "UAE experience" that they are looking.

To be honest, I had hundred applications here in Dubai and only ten percent responded on my applications. I attended interviews, got rejected, I turned down some offer because of low salary package. They told me not to be choosy but hey you can't blame me I left my previous job to look for higher offer.

Time is running fast and my visa is about to expire and yet I haven't found a job. My savings are running out and you can just imagine how my life would turn into miserable in case I will go home. I felt the pressure really really felt it. Everyday I am always expecting calls from my applications hearing good news and it is frustrating when days are passing and no one is calling. It is also very exasperating when being rejected on the interviews and going home sad. Sometimes I am questioning myself where did I go wrong? why did I failed? It is kinda depressing to have that feeling but I just don't take it seriously instead going on and try again and who knows I might hit the pot.

There was a time that I thought of giving up and going back to the Philippines, in fact I already prepared myself of going home. Because of too much pressure, I almost looked myself as a failure, I failed on my dreams. But I told myself that giving up and going home is not the answer but rather fight and keep trying. Good thing my fate is strong and I am not the person who easily gives up. I am already here and I have put a lot of efforts to be here so why quit? After all, all my efforts will be wasted if I quit. I erased all the negatives in mind and think of only positives. God is good and patience is a virtue.

I continued my applications and I didn't limit myself around Dubai only but rather to other Emirates. I tried my applications in Abu Dhabi maybe my charm is there. And I was right, within just a week I had two offers and now I'm about to start on my new job. God is great and He gave me what I am asking for not just one but two with a bonus of love life JOKE!

My friends are right that going here without any assurance is a big risk, so to those who are planning to go here just make sure that you are ready for the challenges that you will face nad just be confident and believe in yourself!

I just hope that everything will go just fine and I know God will not leave me, and I guess this will be the start of something new for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment