Saturday, November 12, 2011

GOOD BYE UAE

I can't belived that my journey here in UAE has ended so early, I am not yet ready to go home I am not yet prepared. I went here holding a tourist visa, from Qatar I went straight here hoping to find a good job. I know it is very difficult to go here without any assurance but still I took the risk.

I stayed in Dubai for a month and searched for jobs there, but unfortunately I wasn't successful, so I tried in Abu Dhabi hoping to find my luck there. In just two days I had two offers already, so I chose the one with higher offer, I declined the other one. I thought everything was fine until the time I moved to Abu dhabi. When I accepted the offer the manager has promised me the job so I was confident. Suddenly a big problem came, the company cannot issue work visa as it had a problem with the ministry of labor prohibiting them to issue work visa. In short, my application was cancelled and they can not assure to me when their problems with the labor be settled.  I was so devastated in hearing the news. I couldn't think of any other options, I have no plan B. All the sacrifices and the efforts in moving to another city were all wasted. Worst is my visa is about to expire in couple of weeks, another problem is there is a long holiday because of the Eid. I tried approaching the other company that I declined hoping that the slot is still available but It didn't work out as well. I tried walk-in with other companies here but I was not successful too. If I have ample time with my visa I would have continued applying but due to time constraint I just thought of going home.

The risk I took here is really a big challenge for me and I learned a lot. I thought the job that I am looking for is already within my reach but then suddenly it went away so quickly. I guess my luck is isn't here,or maybe it is not yet my time here, but I am really looking forward to come back here the soonest because someone is waiting for me here, but on my second try I want to make sure that there is already an offer, I don't want to take the risk anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment