Saturday, March 6, 2010

WASTED BEAUTIES

I'm always being fascinated by beauty pageants, in fact I've been a fan of them because I'm a person who knows how to appreciate beauty!

Yearly I watch Binibining Pilipinas and I always gets excited who will win the 3 titles. Last night was the culminating of Binibining Pilipinas, the most prestigious beauty pageant  in the Philippines. Three lucky ladies bagged the three most coveted titles, the Binibining Pilipinas International, World and Universe. Three ladies bested 21 other contestants vying for the three crowns.

This year I may say was the best batch of finalists. They were all stunning and I think they all have the brains, however, I was kinda disappointed  by the results of the winners, (well what do you expect from BB. Pilipinas for the past years). There was a big mistake in choosing the title holders, I know they also deserve to win but I think somebody is more deserving than them, or should I say the placing of winners are wrong.

I was upset when the crowd's favorite and my Cabalen Helen Nicolette Henson placed 2nd runner up! She deserves to be one of the major titlists. It's too obvious and i think many will agree with me that she should have won any of the international titles. Helen has all the characteristics that we are looking for a delegate that would best represent us in the arena of international pageants.

I  was expecting Mary Ann Ross Misa to be included on the top five, but what the heck!  I would be more happy if she lands on the position of Helen but not to be included on the top five is a waste.  I was rooting for Gwendoline Ruais, the towering six footer lady. Again, I was thwarted for not being on the top five. If everyone agrees with me I think Gwen is our answer to the Venezuelans and other Latinas in international pageants, but with what happened I think it would be our lost again in battle of conquering the international crowns.

Madam Stella, what happened again? Until now I can't get over with the results of winners last night and until now I can feel the disapointment. They were so many deserving ladies but all of them were left behind. All I can say is that they were so many wasted beauties at this pageant.

With what happened, I'm no longer excited for the Miss Universe and Miss World competition because there's nothing to be expected from our representatives this year. But who knows, miracles might happen.


Congratulations to my Cabalen Helen Nicolette Henson, you are more than just a 2nd runner up!

4 comments:

  1. was not able to catch this on tv. but reading this, i guess it was ok that was not able to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hayy naku lee, parang may arfter shock pa ako as of this moment...still can't get over. true enought that BB. Pilipinas has full of surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you love pageants? Same here. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i stopped watching beauty pageants after Ms. Universe was held here in the country.

    People say it's fixed anyway. =)

    ReplyDelete