Monday, March 1, 2010

CEBU BIRTHDAY TRIP

Finally my special day was over, my four-day stay in cebu has ended. My birthday trip in Cebu was truly a remarkable experience! Though there were some things that didn't go well the way I expected but over all my stay there is absolutely wonderful.

I explored the whole Cebu City, I had my city tour for two days. From Mactan to Mandaue to Lapulapu and Lahug. I stayed at a cheap hotel along the famous Mango Avenue, just a walking distance from Fuente Osmena.

I experienced all kinds of transportation while staying there, from air, land and sea, and of course how can I forget my experience riding a habal-habal going to the highest peak of Cebu. As part of my city tour, I was advice by some of the locals to see Mountain view. It was not part of my plan as I'm scheduled to visit Tops, but according to the hotel receptionist it is best to visit Mountain view to have a view of the whole city. Well I guess they are right because while going there riding a habal-habal I was able to appreciate the view. It's like going to Baguio, the zigzag road and the steep road and the cold temperature as you reach the highest peak of the mountain. When you reach the top, you can have a bird's eye-view of the whole city and the scenery is quite breath-taking.

I was a little bit disappointed in not seeing the famous Cebu dancing inmates. As part of my city tour is to visit the CPRD, however, when I reached there, I wasn't able to come inside as I was told that their performance are scheduled every saturday and sunday morning, but too bad I will be at Bantayan Island for the weekend.

On my last day in Cebu, I headed to Bantayan Island for swimming. I heard that there are good white sand beaches there. It is a three-hour bus ride taking the long and winding road before you reach the port going to Hagnaya, and from there, another one-hour ferry ride to Sta. Fe. The long hour bus ride is worthy as the island is stunning. The white sand beach though not as fine as in Boracay but over all it was perfect. I stayed in a economical resort for an overnyt just enough to appreciate the exquisiteness of the Island.

Over all, my stay in Cebu was  unforgettable, the people, the place and the whole experience. I am hoping for another trip probably with my beau this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment