Thursday, April 1, 2010

GOING OVERSEAS PART III

I never knew that my application in Qatar resulted so fast! I just found myself signing the contract already.

I was asked by the agency to report immediately because the employer shortlisted me. The agency presented me the contract and gave me ample time to review it. At first I  was hesitant to sign it because the offer is quite lower the way I expected it. But upon seeing the benefits, it made me  realized that I should accept it, and besides this is already the opportunity that I've been waiting for so  long.

"Go ahead son...good luck" That was the reply of my dad  when I asked him whether to sign or not to sign the contract. I asked his advice after consulting him about the whole contract and the benefits. After all he knows better than I since he worked in Qatar for 9 years.

With teary eye, I affixed my signature on every page of the contract. I felt kinda sad that sooner I'll be leaving RP. I know i should be happy because finally this is it, the answer  to my prayers, but then I realized the people I'm leaving. My family, my friends, and my loved one. While signing the papers, I felt different kinds of emotions and I can't help but cry. With this decision that is hard on my part, it came to my mind that I will be leaving the people who became part of me through out the yeas that I'm here. I'll be leaving my lifestyle for the sake of having a good life abroad. I know i have to sacrifice a lot and this decision is a big challenge for me.

Am I ready for this? Part of me saying that I am not and part of me saying I am. I know I should be ready for this, this is my dream and part of my long term goals so I should be ready! Right now I'm starting to prepare myself and starting to condition myself. After completing all my requirements, I'll be soon flying. 

Right now, I haven't told any of my closest friends that I'll be leaving soon. I'm just gathering all the strengths  so I could tell them about my decision. I know they'll get sad with this news but I'm sure they'll understand.
I just hope with this decision I made, everything will be alright!.

No comments:

Post a Comment