Friday, July 9, 2010

ARABIAN NIGHTS

Yesterday was my first time to roam around Doha at night. Since it is my rest day, Miguel, I and the rest of my Egyptian housemates decided to go at the Souq Waqif. Getting around Doha at night is quite good because it is not that hot, besides the best way to explore the city during summer days is at night wherein shops and malls are upto 11pm and mostly people go out at night.

Doha is an interesting city, a well developed city with lots of modern buildings and hotels scattered all over the area. There is one place in Doha called Corniche. It is like baywalk in the Philippines and at the same time Victoria Harbor in HongKong overlooking Doha's skyscrappers. It is so nice to see Doha at night because the duildings are like diamonds sparkling at night. the best time to walk around this place is during winter months wherein you can jog or walk along the bay whether at day or night.

We arrived at the souq around 9pm, I was excited to see this place because it is one of the most popular sights in Doha wherein shops are everywhere. It is like Divisoria where you can find a lot of good stuffs. Souq waqif is an important souq in Doha, literaly translated to the "free standing market." The place is like intramuros, an old place turned into dining haven. It is a home to tens of restaurants serving cuisines from all over the world as well as shisha lounges.

Since my Egyptian housemates wanted to try shisha (is a single multi-stemmed instrument for smoking tobacco in which the smoke is cooled and filtered by passing through water) we went to a moroccan resto called Tajin, some of my housemates tried shisha, I wanted to try it also however I don't smoke, probably next time when we go there I will, just to experience it.

The place is so nice specially dining along the street (now I miss Malate) and I think I found a place where I could hang out. Afterwards we went to another restaurant wherein my housemates ordered their traditional food, it is my first time to try egyptian food though I see them eat the same food at the house but still it was my first time to try it. though the taste is not bad, but still not my type of food, somehow i have the idea how that food taste like.

Truly, it was a great night for me. A bonding moment with my housemates, somehow I am now confident and comfortable going out with them. I didn't mind going to bed late and waking up early for work.What a wonderful time spending arabian nights with my new found arabian friends.

2 comments:

  1. oh i miss shisha.
    most of the egyptians are tamad di ba or di maayos magtrabaho?

    ReplyDelete
  2. in terms of work ok nmn cla...pgdating sa haws makalat, tamad maglinis

    ReplyDelete