Saturday, July 3, 2010

ROAMING AROUND DOHA

It was my first weekend in Doha, since it is my day off, my housemates and I decided to go malling since staying the whole day at the villa is quite boring. Though it is 40 degrees outside still we didn't care going out and besides it is also my way of familiarizing myself to the city. We decided to take a bus instead of taxi, it is my first time to commute, in that way I can see the whole Doha. Upon reaching the bus terminal which is located at the souq, I was surprised to see a lot of "jai-ho" (terms I used to refer people from India) around the city. I felt like I was in Bombay. Afterwards, we took another bus going to Villagio, a premire mall in Doha where signature shops are to be found similar to Venician in Macau. I was keyed up to see this mall since I see this only on the internet. Upon entering the facade, I did nothing of course but to take pictures! I was just too thrilled with its interiors. I felt like I was in Italy! The only difference about this mall is that the artificial sky is not changing unlike in Venician, but everything was just superb! Too bad we were not able to ride gondola, probably nextime. We just ate there, roam around and feel the ambience. I just bought 2 shirts from H&M because its too cheap. Good thing that Villagio is quite far from my place otherwise my stay in Doha will just end up into shopping. I am looking forward to see this mall again, probably next week hehehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment