Monday, July 19, 2010

TURNING A MONTH OLD

Yippeeyayayooo! I survived one month on the desert and I can say it is quite an achievement for me. I am happy because in just a few time I was able to adjust so quickly. Before I left the Philippines I was kinda feeling anxious because I thought it will be difficult for me to adjust because living a million miles away from my family and friends is not easy, but I was wrong. I know myself very well and I know it would be easy for me to adjust. I can say that I was able to adjust with the people i'm sharing villa though most of them are Egyptians. I was able to bend with my new work environment, the people at the office and the work process. The only thing that I'm still adjusting is the hot climate. The heat here is not tolerable, i even had a nose bleed twice because of the extreme heat reaching as far as 52 degrees. But nonetheless, everything is going well with me (praise allah!)

Sometimes I find life here very difficult because I AM VERY FAR WITH THE MALLLLSSS! It takes a lot of effort for me to reach the malls because my place is quite far from the city center not unlike when I used to live in makati, Greenbelt is just a few tumbling away. I have to walk at least 15 minutes to reach the market to buy my groceries.

So far I don't feel homesick (but I guess it's just too early to say, i still have 11 months) and I hope on the coming months I won't feel any. But hey as I've told before I already know what to do in case anxiety strikes me hehehe.

During my off, I always make it a point to roam around Doha, During my first 2 weeks here, I was able to explore some parts of the city, went malling, dining out with housemates and watch movie, and now i am confident to see the whole Doha alone.

Living independently is quite tough, though I share villa with other people but still I can say i live independently because I have to do all chores all by myself (except cleaning the house, somebody will do that for us). Sometimes it is quite very tiring, good thing I am good in time management. There are days that I feel like I'm living in the US (feeling lang heheh), Wake up at quarter to five in the morning, take a bath, prepare my breakfast and get ready for work. Kulang na lang eh mag drive ng mag isa papunta sa office. My life here is very routinary that's why I feel bored most of the time. After work, I'll do my laundry, then go to market to buy some groceries then while doing the laundry I have to prepare for my dinner, then hang the clothes, eat my dinner then watch tv for a few minutes, chat with my housemates then meme time.

The only thing I enjoy doing is going to the groceries and cooking! Yes, cooking has been my past time here, my cooking skill is being put into practice, I cook almost any kind of dish and I find it enjoyable because I love our kitchen! Very spacious and I have all my utensils I need. Sometimes i get frustrated because when I want to cook something i don't find the ingredients at the market.

Right now I'm just enjoying my stay here, I hope I can make it till the end and I know God is with me all the time.

3 comments:

  1. alhamdulillah!
    sayang sana nga mas malapit ka sa mall para di ka ma-bore, atleast iwas temptation din sa mga bilihing di kelangan. read books para di ka ma-bore or write more dito sa blog. ingatz

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha ganyang ganyang din buhay ko nun unang buwan ko sa doha!pero bilis araw tignan mo na ka one year na ako at dito pinas now vacation!

    teka san ka ba sa qatar?

    ReplyDelete