Sunday, August 8, 2010

GETTING READY FOR EID :RAMADAN KAREEM

No food and drinks allowed in the office during the month of ramadan. This is a strict compliance to the conservative laws of Islam. This is a tough sacrifice for us non-muslims because we have to obey with their laws.



Muslim festivals are timed according to local sightings of various phases of the moon . During the lunar month of Ramadan that precedes Eid al-Fitr, Muslims fast during the day and feast at night and normal business patterns may be interrupted. Many restaurants are closed during the day and there may be restrictions on smoking and drinking. Some disruption may continue into Eid al-Fitr itself. Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha may last anything from two to 10 days, depending on the region.

It was officially announced last saturday during the meeting that all pantries are close in the mornings and only will be open after 6pm, that is to prevent non -muslims on eating and drinking. Anyone caught doing this will face a serious sanction. This is Quite scary because it is a mortal sin for them. Imagine not eating and drinking for almost 6 hours is very difficult to do. You can only eat upon reaching home, now I'm still thinking on what to do for me not to starve myself and mind you this is for 0ne month!



Schedules were also revised because most companies here are only until 1pm or 2 pm and will resume at 6 in the evening. Malls will open at 4pm until 2 am so if your schedule is in the morning, you still have ample time to do shopping hehehe. I m still waiting for my schedule since I am assigned on implant and the company I'm assigned with is a semi government so most likely my shift is until 1 or 2 pm also, but i will still report for work at the main office from 6pm to 8 pm to complete my 8 hours not quite lucky huh?



Oh well, I guess I have to do my fasting also since most of my housemates are muslims and it is un ethical to eat in front of them while they are fasting. After all after Eid there is 3 days straight of non working holidays yippeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment