Monday, June 14, 2010

READY OR NOT?

Three days from now and i'll be leaving the Philippines!  I have mixed emotions right now. I  am  excited, nervous, and sad.

I feel excited because finally my dream of looking for a better opportunity has been fulfilled! I also feel  excited because it is my first time to travel abroad alone. I feel nervous because I don't know  what will happen to me there. I'll be a stranger to a foreign  country where everything will be new to me. A totally different environment from where I grew up, the culture, religion, the people and most especially the climate. I'm nervous on the big adjustments that I'll make hoping that  I can adapt all of these in a few time. Feeling sad because I'll be leaving all my loved ones here, leaving all the things that I'm used to. And above all, I'll be missing a lot of things here in  the Philippines, the holidays, celebrations, happenings and parties! 

How prepared am I for this new chapter of my life? Lately, I've been doing a lot of research about this country I'm heading,  in that  way it won't be difficult for  me to adjust. I've done a little research on where to find important establishments like markets, malls, hospitals and banks so that when I go out, I know where to go. I also studied road maps and directions on how to reach these establishments and how to roam around Doha,   but of course I won't be roaming around the city without any company, it is quite scary to travel alone in a foreign country which is not yet familiar to me, I know it will take some time for me to get use on that place and it is difficult also to get lost. I also listed some things that I'll be doing in case boredom and homesick attacks me. I know myself very well and in case anxiety strikes me I know where and how to divert it. Aside from these researches that I did, I also have my quick reference on how to survive in Doha. It is a pocket book full of informations about the city, list of important telephone numbers, establishments like restaurants, malls, hospitals and others. But of course with the orientation I get everyday from my dad is the most helpful. He knows everything about Doha since he worked there for eight years.

With all of these informations, I can say that I am 100 percent prepared. These knowledge that I have will help me survive in Doha and as soon as i get out of the aircraft, I know I am no longer stranger in this foreign land.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
                                

No comments:

Post a Comment