Thursday, January 7, 2010

INCREASE

I'm with my company now for 2 years after I left my BPO employer. With the kind of work that I have right now I can say it is far better than my previous job wherein the pressure is endless. I know there is always pressure in any job but the pressure in my work today is manageable.

When I joined my new employer it was assured to me that I'll get an appraisal as soon as I get regularized after 6 months of probationary. I accepted the offer even though I know they offered me the same salary that I have on my previous job because I know I can have my increase . I know also the fact that my previous BPO job has interesting benefits compared to my new job but I don't care if I will be stressed everyday.

But what happened is that, until now my salary is still the same, nothing had changed. I almost had an heart attack the moment I saw my recommendation for regular employee wherein I got no increase. I want to tear the contract because I know it is not fair.

I was saddend by what happend. Naisip kong huwag nalang pirmahan yung contract and end my tenure but then naisip ko na mawawalan ako ng trabaho and hirap maghanap ulit ng bago. So I have no choice but to take the offer. May quarterly bonus naman ako kaya okay lang na magtiis.

Nagtiis ako ng isang taon na walang increase, nagtatiyaga sa sahod ko na minsan kinukulang pa sa dami ng gastusin. I attempt to resign but because of the recession naisip kong mas okay ng magtiis sa sahod ko kaysa sa matengga ng matagal. Pero ang pangit naman kasi 2 years na ako dito and yet my salary is stagnant. Anu pa ang silbi ng pagtatrabaho ko if alam kong hindi na tataas ang sahod ko? i have been evaluated 4 times and yet no appraisal at all. Minsan naiisip ko na my hardwork and sacrifices are not worth, isama mo pa ang pressure sa trabaho.

Last October, I had my last evaluation for the last quarter of the year. Finally my team leader has recommended me for an increase at natuwa naman ako na kahit maliit lng yung increase ay naging thankful naman ako because finally eto na! I thought the increase would take effect immediately yun pala pag aaralan pa ng management. So naghintay ako ng result na baka next year na yun magiging effective. Still waiting and hoping...but not until today.

sakto two years nako dito sa company namin and can't wait for my increse, naiinip na ko kaya kinausap ko na ang supervisor ko to get some update on how my appraisal is going on and to my surprised baka sa August pa daw ito mag take effect because nasa higher management pa for approval. What the hell?! So it means maghihintay pa ako ng kalahating taon para makuha yun and I can't wait any longer. Napabuntong-hininga nalang ako nang marinig ko yun at tahimik na bumalik sa cubicle ko.

Now, while I'm writing my blog I have decided that staying here is not good anymore. Wala akong growth pati sa sahod ko. I pity myself, until now wala pa akong achievement na matino. It so sad that time had passed at nasayang lang yun and I can't see myself growing here. So the next step that I'm going to do is to look for a new job now. Goodluck to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment