Sunday, September 19, 2010

DOHA OVER SG

Is SG the next destination for AMEX people? Well I guess it is and they are starting to build community there and I wonder who's next in line to be there. Most of my former colleagues are heading to Singapore, it seems that they have found the greener pasteur there and the job contentment that they failed to seek in the the Philippines.

I always wanted to go to SG since most of my friends and college classmates are already there. A lot of opportunities too for a tourism grad like me because the Merlion city is a tourist destination and shopping haven too. Hotels, resorts, malls, natural and man made attractions that can compete with America's attraction and not to forget the latest Universal Studios and Sky Park. I'm sure I can get a job too if I just continued my application.

Another factor why most Filipinos chose SG over other countries is that the geographical location. Yes, SG is just approximately 3 hours away from the Philippines, very near that you can always go home anytime you want and the fare is relatively cheap from low cost carriers. Another one is the climate, similar to our country wherein you dont need to adjust just what I did here in doha. Well anyway, let's not talk much about of lah land here, let me give you the reason why I chose the desert over the lion.

Before considering jumping over the borders of the Philippines, I told myself that when I search for jobs abroad I chose not to go any of the middle east countries. They are not on my preference list because of the extreme heat, strict laws and other matters which I don't want to discuss in this entry.

But hey I'm here in Doha now and living the life I want. I never thought that one day I will see myself working on the Arab land but I guess this is my destiny or just following the footsteps of my father who worked in the middle east for 24 years. Before accepting my contract I made my research on the country I'm heading, the people, the living condition and of course the night life hehehe. I chose Doha not because I'm desperate in searching for jobs nor I ran out of options, I chose to work here because of some factors.

Qatar is a boring place, there are not so many things to do here aside from working, there are a few malls though they are good one, but why I still chose to go here where infact I always seek for happenings, parties and gimmicks?

I want to save money, save, save, and save which I think I will fail to do If I go to SG. I decided to work abroad to have my savings and hopefully start my business in the future. And I guess I just made the right decision because right now I am starting to have my savings and I am happy for it because the moment I receive my salary I immediately get my savings on it and I make sure that enough money will be left for my so called "luho" but of course it is part of my budget hehehe.

I also go out here, I still practice my lifestyle here but on a minimum level, still, working is my priority here. Like I've said, there are not so many interesting things to do here, in short less expense and the temptations of spending money here are controllable. And I guess If I chose SG over Doha, I know i'll just go home empty pocket.

2 comments:

  1. may tama ka jan!hehe

    hayyy kakainis ako di pa din makaipon!waaaaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hay nku mac,,,nka 1 yr kna dito dpat start saving money khit mahirap gwin lalo na pag nasa mall kna hahaha

    ReplyDelete